C-MAX CM2 Digital Towfish
- General Details
The C-MAX CM2 Sidescan Sonar System is noted for its performance and its robust, user-friendly design. The CM2 is supported by a complete range of accessories, including the portable winch, to aid the surveyor’s task.
C-Max CM2 Standard is having the following frequency DF (100/325kHz).
For general survey tasks DF towfish are often the most useful. In 100kHz mode the search swath is up to 1000m wide, useful for searching for larger objects such as wrecks or freight containers. In 325kHz mode it is usually possible to distinguish such objects as mooring ropes, anchor chain, anchors, scour marks, pilings, crab pots, rocks (down to the size of a briefcase or less), as well as differences in seabed texture.
Sonar Transceiver – Acquisition Hardware
The Sonar Transceiver (STR) interfaces the towfish to an external data acquisition computer via a USB link. It makes the sonar appear to the computer as a USB peripheral and also powers the towfish.
The STR integrates seamlessly with C-MAX’s MaxView acquisition software or can also be used with acquisition software from other leading manufacturers. Please see the Software section of the site or contact us for more information.
MaxView, the acquisition package for the CM2 system that runs under Windows on any PC-compatible platform provides all acquisition, track plotting, display, editing and conversion functions from a familiar Windows interface.
Features and benefits:
- Flexible navigation interface accepts Lat/Long and UTM data
- Comprehensive plotter shows vessel position, targets and swept coverage
- Chart imagery can be user-created from paper or electronic sources. Perfect for inland work where no commercial chart is available
- MaxView can be installed license free on multiple PCs. Only data acquisition is Dongle protected
- Display and recording of optional towfish heading and depth sensors
- Multiple replay windows allow easy record comparison
- Geo-referenced targets can be marked during acquisition or post processing
- Easy export of imagery, target and navigation data into other software packages
- Order Enquiry
Contact form description text
- Related Products